Thursday, October 25, 2007

Make Me Happy

It is a goal of mine that once I finish graduate school I can settle down and start cooking again. Ok...so start cooking. I guess I shouldn't lie on my blog ;)

So one of my first goals is to make tiramisu. Ok ok...that's not cooking but baking, but I have to start somewhere. I've always liked baking, but with just two of us...it tended to be a little dangerous (i.e. Robb and me and a whole dish of brownies). So as a special hurrah for me and Robb, I want to whip up a delicious dessert of tiramisu.

Robb and I have a special affinity for tiramisu. Whenever we go out to eat and see it on the menu, we share a slice. It's the prefect after dinner dessert. Coffee and rum soaked ladyfingers with mascarpone cheese, espresso and cocoa...mmmmmm. Tiramisu was actually our wedding cake. Since we had a very small wedding and many of our friends and family either didn't like cake or couldn't eat it...Robb and I shared a slice of tiramisu. I just found out that "tiramisu" means "pick-me-up" in Italian...or "make-me-happy". I think that's the perfect dessert for a wedding :)

No comments:

Post a Comment