Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Greatness of Great Gatsby

The other day (yesterday?) I was telling my husband that he should read The Great Gatsby.  You know, F. Scott Fitzgerald's amazing classic doomed tale.  I was explaining to him about F. Scott, his wife Zelda, and the roaring twenties.  For some reason my husband thought it was a Dickens book (don't laugh too much, I've made similar mistakes). 

So it was awesome when I came across this article today on the Chicago Sun Times.  Wow.  You can't abbreviate The Great Gatsby.

I read The Great Gatsby the first time in high school and loved it.  I still love it after multiple re-readings.  What do you think?  Is this classic too adult for the typical high schooler? Or are we cheating the next generation by letting them miss out on amazing classic?

No comments:

Post a Comment