Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wednesday Stuff

A couple days ago I finished Brunonia Barry's novel The Map of True Places.  I should have the review up tomorrow.  But today I'm going to head over to The Book Club Girl at 7PM EST to chat with the author (it's actually over at the Blog Talk Radio).

The last few weeks I have blown through a few YA dystopian novels.  So so good.  I have to say I'm becoming a huge fan of the genre.  So I'll be posting reviews of Divergent, Delirium, and Wither.





What else.  O yeah.

Baby stuff.

So I am now 34 weeks and a few days and apparently starting last week, baby's been trying to come early.  I've been having pre-term labor contractions and had to quit work and am now on bed rest.  Fortunately I have not been feeling the contractions and am now on a pill for the next two weeks to stop them.  I keep telling baby he needs to incubate just a little bit longer.

At the end of March I had my baby shower and had tons of fun.  My husband and I are blessed with wonderful family and friends.  My mom and sister flew out and got to spend about a day (such a short trip) with us but I was so happy to see them.  Here's me opening a gift:

We've been nicknaming our little guy Rocket since his initials are RKT.  So if you're reading this blog and I refer to Rocket, you'll know who I'm talking about.  (I do get the irony that our dogs are Anna and Charlie, while our kid is nicknamed Rocket. It makes me chuckle.)

I guess that's it for now.  Here's to me getting a ton of reading done while I'm on bed rest.  Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment