Saturday, April 2, 2011

Books and more books!

I've been really bad about sharing my new acquisitions lately.  I have to say the library book sales here in Las Vegas are AMAZING.  Whenever I need a pick-me-up (which is a lot lately since I am feeling quite whale-like in my eighth month of being pregnant), I just head on down to a branch and browse.  My husband just shakes his head and is surprisingly very ok with me lugging in tons of books.  He just says when my upstairs library caves the ceiling in that he won't be surprised.  :)

Actually, I just think he's happy my habit isn't more expensive.  I mean, look at what I got today for $4.50.


I normally try and only get books that I've already heard of and are on my massive to-read list.  But I saw The Collector of Worlds and it just looked too interesting to pass up.  Anyone read that one?

I've also got a couple new acquisitions in the mail for a couple of TLC book tours I'm on.  

I am beyond thrilled to be part of Sarah Addison Allen's tour for The Peach Keeper.  I LOVED Garden Spells (my review) and actually just lent it to my sister to read.  The only book of hers I haven't read is The Girl Who Chased the Moon.   I am going to have to go out and buy that one to add to my collection.  By the way...the Yankee candle that came with the book...to DIE for.  I opened the package and immediately the smell of peaches wafted up.  LOVE it.   If you check out her Facebook page there is a giveaway for the candles going on right now.  ENTER.  NOW!

And Simon Pegg.  I love his movies.  I really do.  My husband immediately snagged the book the day it came in the mail and is reading it.  I had to snag it back briefly to take the photo. 


As a side note, I finally think I mastered Flickr...take that Blogger and Flickr and random people who want to sue poor bloggers.  Hopefully I can keep up this roll of actually posting things!

2 comments:

  1. Simon Pegg is a bit of a British institution. I hope you enjoy your new books. Very envious over the new Sarah Addison Allen one. Not long now for your new addition. Squee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just requested the Geraldine Brooks book. I'm hoping to read it for read-a-thon, so I hope it comes in in time...

    ReplyDelete