Saturday, October 24, 2009

Dewey's Read-a-thon Update 4


Mid-Event Survey:
1. What are you reading right now?
Charlaine Harris - Real Murders (Murder mystery series staring Aurora Teagarden, a librarian!)

2. How many books have you read so far?
1 - The Hunger Games
Almost done with The Old Man and the Sea but took a break
A good chunk of Gourmet Rhapsody

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
This Real Murders book.

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Yeah, arranged with the husband. With Grand Theft Auto and College Football, he's been great!

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Many - breakfast, puppy walk, post office run, bubble bath, and nap.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
How hard it is to juggle reading and updates. And I get tired! Hmm.

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Not yet! Can't think that far ahead.

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
Hmm...definitely be better prepared. I had to upload stuff to iPod today. Would have done that earlier.

9. Are you getting tired yet?
Yes. I took a nap.

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
Not yet. THANKS to all my commenters so far. You've kept me going!

6 comments:

  1. ah, Hunger Games! I'm seeing that one a lot. I think people saved it just for RaT. CHEERS and Happy Reading! Thanks for your Wisdom of Age suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really doing great! Isn't the time flying by? I am starting to feel exhaustion setting in, but blog-hopping is helping. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done a great job! Keep it up and enjoy that last book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a hard time too juggling reading and updates and cheering and mini-challenging! But it's because I want to do it ALL! LOL.
    I read The Hunger Games too and it was a good choice. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a hard time juggling reading and the computer; the computer lost but I felt like I was missing out on so much fun. But then every time I looked at anyone's blog, they were reading so much more than I was that I had to get off the computer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job Amanda! I did not participate this year, but I definitely will next year. Sounds like fun! :)

    ReplyDelete