Monday, March 25, 2013

Once Upon a Time VII


My gosh I just love Carl's challenges - R.I.P, Sci-Fi, and Once Upon a Time. I actually love that it's evolved into less of a challenge and more of an experience.  I used to read five, six books and keep track and log it all.  Now I just sit back, enjoy reading the posts and read books that grab me. I love that each experience gets me in the mood for the season.  During the fall I look forward to digging into mysteries and dark gothic stories with the R.I.P. experience.  Mid-winter is the perfect time to curl up and read a classic sci-fi novel. I'm definitely going to re-read The Left Hand of Darkness next year.  Spring is the perfect time for magic and fairy tales.

I must have subconsciously been ready for Once Upon a Time because my audiobook is currently The Night Circus - lots of magic and narrated by the Harry Potter voice Jim Dale.

I also snagged my library sale find Shades of Milk and Honey. It's like a Jane Austen novel but with magic. Carl reviewed it awhile back it sounded awesome.

I'm also going to be joining along with Neil Gaiman's Stardust Read-Along.  I've got a beautiful edition from HarperCollins/William Morrow that is just dying for me crack open.  I first read it years ago as an eBook and have re-read it since then.  This is the perfect edition to add to my Gaiman collection and it's such a beautiful book to give as a gift too.

Join along and read too or you can check out what everyone else is reading over at the Review Site.  Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment