Wednesday, August 6, 2008

British Library - Turning the Pages

I have to say that I'm a huge fan of the British Library.

Why you say?

Check out their Turning the Pages section.

You can digitally "turn the pages" of a few original works and books.

For instance, do you want to look at Jane Austin's The History of England, written in her own handwriting and even illustrated with cute pictures of kings and queens?

Or maybe the original Alice's Adventures in Wonderland written and illustrated by Lewis Carroll himself?

Or maybe Mozart's musical diary, or Leonardo da Vinci's sketches?

Most have audio commentary that you can turn on or off, you can zoom in or out, and other fun features.

My favorite....the Lindisfarne Gospels:




Check it out!

4 comments:

  1. That's so cool!!! Thanks for sharing it!

    Hey, I looked for your email address but was unsuccessful in finding it. Can you send me an email at LisaMunleyATcaDOTrrDOTcom ? I have a question for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've answered the questions you've submitted for A Clockwork Orange - thank you for helping me tackle this book!

    Click here to read my answers.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat feature!! I want to go read the Jane Austen feature. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that link! I've bookmarked it and will be spending more time there soon. ::)

    unrelated to your post...

    I posted an answer to your Weekly Geeks question for my review of Dracula - come by and check it out when you get a chance. :)

    ReplyDelete