Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Once Upon a Time IX


If you've read my blog for long enough, you'll know that I love participating in and following Stainless Steel Droppings' different yearly challenges: Once Upon a Time, R.I.P. and Science Fiction.  It used to be more of a challenge for me. I'd write up lists of books to read and check them off. Now that I have less free time to read, I love checking out other people's choices and just enjoying the magical feeling of Spring. Yes! It is finally spring!

The Once Upon a Time IX Challenge has a few rules:


Rule #1: Have fun.
Rule #2: HAVE FUN.
Rule #3: Don’t keep the fun to yourself, share it with us, please!
Rule #4: Do not be put off by the word “challenge”.

In Carl's own words:

Saturday, March 21st marks the official start date of the ninth annual Once Upon a Time Challenge. This is a reading and viewing and gaming event that encompasses four broad categories: Fairy Tale, Folklore, Fantasy and Mythology, including the seemingly countless sub-genres and blending of genres that fall within this spectrum. The challenge continues through June 21st and allows for very minor (1 book only) participation as well as more immersion depending on your reading/viewing/gaming whims.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------


I'm excited for this one because there are a few books I recently finished that fit perfectly into the fairy tale category. If you haven't checked out Carl's awesome site Stainless Steel Droppings, head over to check it out.  

You can check out the links to some of my past Once Upon a Time reads.  Hope you join in or check out the Review Site to see what other people are reading.  Cheers!

Once Upon a Time III
Once Upon a Time V
Once Upon a Time VII


No comments:

Post a Comment