Monday, August 1, 2011

Mailbox Monday - August 1st

Welcome to this week’s edition of Mailbox Monday. This month Mailbox Monday is being hosted by Staci at Life in the Thumb.


Make sure to visit Staci’s blog today and add your link … you’ll also find links to other readers’ mailboxes there.

To see the schedule of this meme’s host, please visit the dedicated blog.



I'm actually on the ball this week and doing a Mailbox Monday ON Monday!! Woohoo!

Here's what actually came in the mail:


I requested Cowboys & Aliens from Harper Collins because I am dying to see the movie and didn't know it was a graphic novel! I soaked it up the day it came and will review it soon!

Domestic Violets from Harper Collins - heard great reviews and my husband is snagging it to read next.

The Graveyard Book - I won this over at Underneath the Juniper Tree: The new face of children's literature - If you haven't checked them out before...go...now...
Then come back and read my review. I love love this book.  I actually won a crazy beautiful limited edition copy (pictures posted on my review) but I wanted a copy that I could re-read and then read to my little guy when he is older.


From the library book sale.  Yeah, before you judge - I had to return A Moveable Feast (review coming soon) so I just made sure we did the return at a library with a good book sale room.  My husband's patience with me is astounding.

Lulu in Marrakech - Diane Johnson
Lucrezia Borgia - Sarah Bradford
Bluebird or, the Invention of Happiness - Sheila Kohler



The 7 Stages of Motherhood - Ann Pleshette Murphy
The Gentleman Poet: A novel of love, danger, and Shakespeare's The Tempest - Kathryn Johnson
My Mother's Lovers - Christopher Hope


That's it for now!!  Have you read any of these??  Thoughts??

No comments:

Post a Comment