Friday, August 19, 2011

Cowboys & Aliens Graphic Novel

Title: Cowboys & Aliens
Authors: Scott Mitchell Rosenberg, Fred Van Lente, Andrew Foley, Dennis Calero, Luciano Lima, Luciano Kars, J Wilson, Silvio Spotti, Andy ELder
Paperback: 100 pages
Publisher: It - imprint of HarperCollins
Published Date: June 2011
FTC: I requested it from HC


When I first heard about the movie Cowboys & Aliens, I was super ecstatic.  I mean come on! Cowboys....aliens....Daniel Craig.  What more could you want!

Now I still haven't seen the movie. I know I know.  It's been a tad bit harder than I was expecting having a little man who needs constant watching and not having family in town.  I WILL see it though.

So when I was perusing the web and found out that Cowboys & Aliens was originally a graphic novel and that Harper Collins signed them to publish it, well, I immediately contacted HC to see if I could review the book.

When the book came in the mail the first though was - my gosh it's gorgeous.  The cover and pages are so well done - I immediately set aside everything I was doing to read it (right after I snapped a photo and sent it to my husband bragging about my new read).



Awesome, right?  The pages are all in color and so beautiful.  My favorite ones are from these pages:


What surprised me was the message - obvious in the graphic novel but I wonder about the movie.  The similarity between the aliens wanting to take over and dominate earth because of the alien's superior weapons....hmmm....ring any bells from the history of the Americas?

I wanted to take a ton of pictures of the book but I didn't want to get into trouble.  I just want to entice you to pick up this novel.  While I'm not a huge connoisseur of graphic novels, I thought this one was absolutely beautifully done and quite interesting.

That said...anyone want to babysit while I check this out at the theater?  :)

While perusing the internet, I found the animated graphic novel of Cowboys & Aliens.  Awesome!!

I had to go outside of my normal bloggy reads to find some reviews.  Here we go.

Also Reviewed by:
SciFi Chick
Murphy's Library
Lady Ozma's Journey
Yahoo! News: Interview w/ Fred Van Lente

Fun movie mentions:
Book Chatter
Enchanted Serenity of Period Films
Megan Frampton (finally saw Daniel Craig in chaps)


No comments:

Post a Comment