Wednesday, January 9, 2013

2013 Science Fiction Experience

As some of you might have noticed, I do love a bit of science fiction.  My dad was a huge fan of science fiction and after he passed away I inherited quite a few of his paperbacks and books.  While he was alive I didn't really read much science fiction but I remember watching a lot of sci-fi movies with him -- he was a big Doctor Who fan, loved the movie Dune, and of course we watched Star Trek together.

I love when Carl over at Stainless Steel Droppings hosts his yearly Science Fiction Experience.  It gives me a chance to pull off some books I'd normally not get around to reading and enjoy the world of sci-fi.  I also love that he started off his post with my favorite quote:


“For my part I know nothing with any certainty,
but the sight of the stars makes me dream.”
~Vincent Van Gogh

Last year I LOVED John Scalzi's Old Man's War.  I'm going to have to do a post on that awesome book soon.  It totally reminds me of the movie Starship Troopers which I love.  I'll probably be picking up another one of his books too.

My brother recommended his favorite book Leviathan Wakes - a MUST READ.

Other than that, I'll just let my browsing take me where it wants to go.  I just snagged these two from my shelves that look interesting:


And Connie Willis is one of my all-time favorite authors.  How cool does this book look?

No comments:

Post a Comment