Monday, August 22, 2011

Mailbox Monday - August 22nd

Welcome to this week’s edition of Mailbox Monday. This month Mailbox Monday is being hosted by Staci at Life in the Thumb.


Make sure to visit Staci’s blog today and add your link … you’ll also find links to other readers’ mailboxes there.

To see the schedule of this meme’s host, please visit the dedicated blog.

Here is what I found in my mailbox this week:



Before Versailles by Karleen Koen - I won from Enchanted by Josephine. Isn't it a beautiful book?

Red-Robed Priestess by Elizabeth Cunningham - Unsolicited review copy but sounds pretty interesting!

These aren't mailbox books but are new additions anyway.

From the clubhouse freebie shelf in my neighborhood:

On Becoming Baby Wise: Giving your infant the gift of night-time sleep  - Even though my little guy sleeps very well through the night, I can't guarantee that when he starts teething.

Little Bee by Chris Cleave - I've heard wonderful things about this book.

From the library book sale:

Island Beneath the Sea by Isabel Allende - Isn't this such a score? I adore Isabel Allende and am trying to collect all her books.

Lord of the Rings books - I read the first one way way back in high school or earlier and wasn't impressed. I figured I need to re-read and for two bucks...

Also library book sale:

An Abundance of Katherines by John Green - I've heard people gushing about how awesome John Green is so I thought why not.

The Help by Kathryn Stockett  - Ok I actually got this one at Sam's Club. I've been wanting to read  it, we picked it for our book club, and I never ever find it used.

Chronic City by Jonathan Lethem - This one sounded good and something my husband would like too.

The Vine of Desire by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni - The second book after Sister of My Heart.  I read these two books in college (for fun) and was blown away.  If you haven't read these books - do now. 

And from friends and family:

Nice Girls Don't Get the Corner Office - A friend loaned me this book because she said it is awesome.

Diaper Diaries - My mother in law in me this one. I looks cute :)

That's all for this week.  Oh, and let's not forget a little man photo:


No comments:

Post a Comment