Tuesday, May 25, 2010

BEA Week


This little post goes out to all the people in NYC today who are talking about books, books, and more books. That's right, the annual BookExpo America is this week and I am so jealous that I am missing it this year. I can't complain too much because I did get a chance to go last year.

If, like me, you are unable to go this year, head on over to Armchair BEA where you can still participate. You may not be grabbing totes of goodies at the Javits Center, but Armchair BEA will be doing some giveaways.
For those of you AT the BEA, I hope you hit The Strand and Housing Works Book Store (my favorite). Quick tip: Should you be near Union Square, home of the beautiful Barnes and Noble and near The Strand, head over to Fish's Eddy - a fun little dish/kitchen store. They have THE BEST mugs and dishes w/ Brooklyn and Manhattan skylines. They also have fun little Alice in Wonderland dishes. (Photos are not mine.)

**HINT HINT: If you stick around this week, I'll be giving away a piece or two from Fish's Eddy.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Those are beautiful dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those dishes, too! We recently lived in SE PA for a couple years and it was only long enough (two years go by too quickly) to get the chance to visit the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island -- I really wish I had the time then to explore the city itself. Someday I'll be back, whether it's BEA or not!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Housing Works is one of my favorite NYC bookstores too - thanks for mentioning it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to remember these bookstores for the next time I'm in NYC! And, thanks for contributing to Armchair BEA! :)

    ReplyDelete