Friday, September 6, 2013

RIP VIII



If you've been reading my blog for any amount of time, you'll know that each year I look forward to September.  Football season, the change in seasons (not so much in Las Vegas but still), and of course, Carl's R.I.P. Experience.

Readers. Imbibing. Peril. Eight

Mystery.
Suspense.
Thriller.
Dark Fantasy.
Gothic.
Horror.
Supernatural.


As I'm sitting here typing this and having a brief few minutes of peace (wait, baby is waking up, nix that) it's thundering and raining outside.  I could never live in Seattle but I'll take a good gloomy rainy Las Vegas any day. I'm drinking a hot cup of Earl Grey tea and overindulging in Hershey's chocolate minis.

Here are snapshots of brief ideas for R.I.P. books.  I'm currently loving The Big Sleep as I've never read a Raymond Chandler novel but LOVE the Bogie/Bacall flick.  Gaiman's going to be a win and we'll see about Setterfield's newest.  Both are review books.  The second photo is of languishing review books that fit this bill. I'm currently mid-way through Three Seconds and while it's not what I was expecting, it's pretty good so far.



I'll also be trying to review some books I read the past year or so that I never got around to reviewing but are classic R.I.P. reads.  I'm talking Shirley Jackson, Dashiell Hammett, and a creepy ghost story by Kate Mosse among others.




1 comment:

  1. Im joining too. Looks like you have a good collection of books there!

    ReplyDelete