Saturday, January 22, 2011

Photo spree

I have been horrible lately about taking pictures.  One thing I have noticed with this whole pregnancy thing is how tired I am!  I've even been reading slower because I'll fall asleep while reading.  So I'm just going to bombard you all with some random photos.  I'm also excited because I set up a Flickr account so I can get all organized.  Woohoo! (Note: Took me a bazillion years to figure out how to put the URL.  If you have problems on your blog, let me know. I finally figured it out.)

A short while ago I took some photos of my to-read bookshelves.  Yeah, I have a lot to read.  I enjoyed Caribousmom's post today on the same subject.

And more books to read:
And more:

I took just a few photos during the holiday's.  I found a great Santa hat at the dollar store - it's sole purpose: to humiliate the dogs.  Here's my Charlie:

Poor Anna hated the thing. I could only get one relatively non-fuzzy photo out of her:

We also pet-sitted (pet-sat?) our friends two dogs.  I got one out of Tinka.  She is so wiggly:

I failed miserably with Koa.  But I did catch him later:

It's hard to believe that I once knew Koa as a puppy.  This is Koa and me a few years ago on the day our friends got him:

Super adorable, right?  Moving on....

During Christmas we cooked a nice home-made meal for ourselves.  Here's my husband cooking some heart shaped biscuits.

And here's our tiny tree with presents.  I think next year (or the one after that) since we have a nice big home now, we'll be getting a slightly larger tree.  I hope.

One of the things I love about Las Vegas is the weather.  Because sometimes during the winter we get days like this:

And this:

Sigh.  But randomly this winter we had some snow.  I posted that one here.  We also had tons of weird foggy clouds and about four days straight of rain.  So bizarre:

Now let's talk about the main reason why I've been so tired and behind on reading, blogging, and well everything.  In about four more months I'll be to meet my little man in person.  Yep! I'm having a baby boy!  Phew.  I honestly had no clue what I was going to do if I had a girl.  I can do a simple braid and that's about it.  And pink is one of my least favorite colors.

The whole pregnancy thing is going well so far.  No sickness.  I've been TIRED.  And I developed hyperthyroidism so they'll be monitoring me and baby's weight gain to make sure we are gaining enough.  So far no problems, but the cool thing is the ultrasounds.  I get to take a snapshot of baby like this:


And see a 3D image like this:


Yeah, he's totally got his love of getting his photo taken from his dad.

The weird thing about the 3D is that it doesn't do round object very well so the pictures are a little distorted.  But I loved seeing the images.  I think my little man's going to have some big lungs on him:
  

I have a feeling he's going to love singing karaoke as much as his dad :)

My friend and I are currently planning a baby shower in March but I've also received some cool things from friends.

Baby boy had better love reading as much as his mama because her awesome friend sent a ton of books:

One of my husband's co-workers brought this over the day I found out it was a boy.  I have to say I love monkeys.

For Christmas, my amazing husband gave me a "baby bag" consisting of an REI backpack with some baby items.  He said it was so I could just throw some stuff in, sling it on and go.  I thought it was such a sweet and thoughtful gift.  Also imagining him in the store, picking out baby items just makes me smile so I thought it was a wonderful gift.  My sister in Alaska also sent a cute little outfit that says Alaska Love.  Awww.

Another friend got back from Hong Kong and gave me the coolest bag and a baby carrier.  I can't wait to try it out!  (Probably much trial and error as I can't read Chinese :)

And that's about it.  The only other thing lately was watching the Auburn Tigers win the BCS Championship.  We were so excited and so bummed to not be there live.  Tickets were ridiculously expensive.  I think my husband was really nervous too.  Usually we'd have a big BBQ but instead it was just a calm evening with two of his buddies at our house and some pizza.  So no pictures.  Instead I'll post this oldey but a goody:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment