Saturday, September 18, 2010

A few photos of desert life

I've been lax in posting recent photos since I moved to Las Vegas.  For those of you wondering, I LOVE the desert, the sun, the heat, and well, I'm just a Western girl at heart.  So here's just a few random photos:

This was taken with my iPhone while walking the dogs at sunset:

This is a little hill/mountain by our new home:

The entrance into our new community.  I love those big trees:

Some beautiful flowers growing in the yard of the place we are renting right now:

A close-up of Charlie Dog.  (Yeah those little people statues aren't ours):

Some stuff from the garden where we are renting.  Yeah, seriously.  We are going to try and grow a garden at our new home:

That's about it!

Will take more photos soon, I promise!

9 comments:

  1. It looks so pretty where you live. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw "Army of Darkness". I would keep an eye on those little tiny people if I were you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous local environment you have.
    Thanks for sharing, but more piccies please :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful place to live! Thanks for visiting my blog today, Amanda! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely pictures! And Charlie Dog is insanely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such neat photos!

    Just in case that you are reading away the day for the readathon, I’m sending you a quote for your encouragement:

    There are two motives for reading a book;
    one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.

    ~ Bertrand Russell ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanted to comment on your current post but there wasn't a place so I scrolled down until I found a comment section.

    Congrats on all of your exciting news. The baby, the job, ( I secretly want to work at a bookstore) and the car! You have had a lot going on as have I! Congrats on everything and just rest up. You are going to need it:)

    ReplyDelete