Monday, September 28, 2009

Housing Works Booksale

One of the great things I've found with using Twitter is that I get good updates regarding some of the bookstores and events in the City. I follow @HousingWorksBks and they mentioned a book fair going on this past weekend. My husband had to work so I tromped on down to the book sale alone. I seriously carried these ten books all over the City. What a workout! It was worth it though. 10 books for 10 bucks and I bought a tote. 1. Three Junes - Julia Glass
2. The Boleyn Inheritance - Philippa Gregory
3. The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana - Umberto Eco
4. Special Topics in Calamity Physics - Marisha Pessl
5. Cross Country - Robert Sullivan

6. The Lady and the Unicorn - Tracy Chavalier
7. The Five Forty-Five to Cannes - Tess Uriza Holthe
8. Anthropology of an American Girl - Hilary Thayer Hamann
9. Labyrinth - Kate Mosse
10. The Queen of Subtleties - Suzannah Dunn


Now I just need to find more room in our tiny apartment to house all my loot.

For past Housing Works posts: June 2009 Loot and June 2009 Post

6 comments:

  1. I wish we had book sales like that over here. I have Labyrinth too, but I keep being put off my the size of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post makes me want to join twitter, but I really don't want one more thing to keep tabs on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting stuff! Look at all those books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul! I especially like the "Calamity Physics" one -- that sounds like the sort of thing that happens all the time over at Dennis's blog ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. NICE!!! I'm going to a library sale tomorrow and I hope I make out like you did!

    ReplyDelete