Tuesday, June 24, 2008

BBQin' in the City

Back at the beginning of this month my husband and I went to the annual Big Apple BBQ. We had a great time, even though the temperature was into triple digits. The BBQ was held in Madison Square Park which kind of made it a bit odd chowing down on barbecued ribs, listening to country bands, and sipping on a beer in the middle of the city. Needless to say we had a great time.

Here's a Madison Square Park fountain...I just like fountains:
And a picture of the beautiful green park:
One of the many talented bands that played:
I loved seeing people wear little pig ears:
The oddity of a BBQ in the city:
They even had a band playing under these arches with a temporary packed bar of people drinking and dancing:
And here's the man cooking up the ribs. We felt sorry for him because it must have been unbearably hot for him next to the grill:
Mmmmm.....
More mmmmm...
And finally the happy (full-bellied) couple:
We'll see you there next year!

P.S. The best BBQ was from Texas and Mississippi. I won't tell you what we thought of the stuff from Connecticut :P

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I love street (and park) parties! I do think we happen to have the best BBQ around ;)

    ReplyDelete