Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Camping Trip!!

Well, the weekend camping trip was great and I am back to the grind at work. I have a new shift so I don't go into work until 10:30...yay! It gives me some time in the morning walking the puppies, excercising, enjoying my coffee, relaxing before off to work. I stay a couple hours later but it's worth the relaxing morning.

So on Friday we were going to leave early and miss the Friday five o'clock rush across the bridge and off the Island but it was not to be. The truck decided not to start so AAA was called and just in case, we headed up to Yonkers to pick up a new battery at Autozone. So by the time we drove through the Bronx and Yonkers and back, loaded up, grabbed grocieries and Subway dinner and drove the two and a half hour drive to the campsite...it was almost 11:00 PM by the time we made it in. But we made it!!! So here's some fun recap photos of the weekend mini-vacation.

Oh! And the forcast said rain the entire weekend...yuck! But the guys put up an awesome tarp cover to keep off the rain and Saturday turned out to be a gorgeous sunny day. Lucky us!!
Here some of us are the first night. It was rainy and we were mostly keep dry by the tarp and warm by the fire:
We so look like we are posing...or something...
I think Anna is soooo spoiled :)
Mmmm...Smores - an American tradition:This one of Charlie Dog just cracks me up.
I'm not sure why I was wacking him on the head:
We went off-roading a bit in some of our friends jeeps and the dogs LOVED chasing the jeeps.
It was great because we had three dogs and Charlie Dog made a new friend:She is so cute with that tongue :)
We called these our Condo Tents:Hope you enjoyed the camping trip!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun weekend- we're all very jealous! much more exciting than Detroit ;)

    ReplyDelete