Friday, September 20, 2013

TIME for Kids Dinosaurs 3D

Title: TIME for Kids: Dinosaurs 3D
Author: Dougal Dixon
Hardcover: 80 pages
Publisher: TIME for Kids
Published date: 2013
FTC: Received to review from Goodman Media


I've decided to try and do a some children's books reviews from time to time on my blog.  With two little boys, I'm realizing that a lot of my book reading time is made up of children's books.  My 2 year old and I both know many books by heart.

When I was asked if I wanted to review TIME for Kids Dinosaurs 3D I jumped at the chance.  My son LOVES dinosaurs and to be perfectly honest, I needed to brush up on my dino facts.  I really only knew Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops.  He keeps asking me what his dinosaurs are and I have no clue.

My son and his beloved dinosaurs:

This is the best dinosaur book we have...and we actually have a few.  This one is special and he calls it his "dinosaur glasses" book.  He's a bit too young to be left alone with it so we break it out on special occasions.  It's a beautifully large book and at 80 pages it's got a ton of 3D images and packed with information.



I love the book because it goes through the major dinosaurs and gives a handy pronunciation guide.  I can now tell my son he has an Euoplocephalus toy dino and actually know how to pronounce it.  My son loves it because with each dinosaur it gives examples of modern day animals comparing traits and attributes.  And of course - the best part is the 3D.  It seriously is pretty darn cool.  Even my husband snagged it after snapping our picture and was pretty amazed at the 3D quality.  I have a feeling that this book is going to get a lot of use.

What does my son think? In his words "so awesome!"

1 comment:

  1. My 3D-picture-taking father (he has a digital 3D camera and any number of old film 3D cameras) would heartily approve. :-)

    ReplyDelete