Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Books galore

I haven't done a books I've recently acquired post in a long while so I thought I'd snap some photos and share!

Here's a couple books I won recently.

White Seed: The Untold Story of the Lost Colony of Roanoke - Paul Clayton
I won this awesome book from Michelle over at Historical Fiction Connection.  I've always been intrigued by the mysterious lost colony.

The Turning of Anne Merrick - Christine Blevins
A book about a woman who spied for Washington during the American Revolution = awesome, right?  Plus it came with an extremely cool pack of stationary and candles.  A big thanks to The Owl Bookmark Blog and to Christine Blevins for the giveaway.  Head over to here to find a list of tours and other giveaways for this book.


The Last Storyteller - Frank Delaney
I won this beautiful Irish novel - autographed! - from Marie over at Burton Book Reviews.  She told me I should definitely check out his previous novel Ireland which I just found a few days ago at the library book sale.  Awesome, right!  Perfect timing for St. Patrick's Day coming up.


Here's some more books I found at the library book sale (obviously I love historical fiction.)

Undaunted Courage - Stephen E. Ambrose
The Gates of the Alamo - Stephen Harrigan
Dragon's Lair - Sharon Kay Penman
Poison - Sara Poole
A Reliable Wife - Robert Goolrick


More library sale books:

The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing (audio books 1 & 2)
The Wandering Heart - Mary Malloy
Through a Glass Darkly - Karleen Koen



Can you believe I found this at the library book sale?  Beautiful!

The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie - Muriel Spark (The Folio Society)


It has some pretty cool pictures too:


Since I became a mom, I have a whole new set of books that are a must-have for me.

I checked out The Healthy Baby Meal Planner at the library and it's been a must-have reference for me to man up and start making my own baby food.  Super easy! I finally have a use for the Magic Bullet I bought a few years ago.


Annabel Karmel's book is by far the best baby food book I checked out.  I love that there are a ton of recipes AND photos:



I bought Favorite Fairy Tales at Ross's for just six bucks and I love it.  I'm not sure if Rocket will enjoy it as much as I do - but just check out the beautiful illustrations:

Sleeping Beauty - my favorite fairy tale

Goldilocks and the Three Bears

Puppies and Kittens is Rocket's favorite book - he loves animals and anything with texture.

Ok, that's all for now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment