Thursday, December 18, 2008

Art History Reading Challenge


As I am wrapping up 2008 and preparing for 2009, I've been finding some fun reading challenges around the blog-o-sphere. This one especially stood out for me since I LOVE art history and have a few un-read books at home that would fit this challenge. All you have to do is read six books that has art history as a topic. (As you can see I have way too many books I want to read.) You can join along at this website:

Amanda's Picks

1. Michelangelo and the Pope's Ceiling - Ross King

2. Lust for Life - Irving Stone

3. Luncheon of the Boating Party - Susan Vreeland

4. The Painting - Nina Schuyler

5. With Violets - Elizabeth Robards

6. Van Gogh's Bad Cafe - Frederic Tuten (Finished February 20, 2009)

-------------------------------------------------

7. Blindspot - Jane Kamensky (not sure how much art is in this one)

8. The Art Thief - Noah Charney

9. The Forger's Spell: A True Story of Vermeer, Nazis, and the Greatest Art Hoax of the Twentieth Century - Edward Dolnick

10. Old Masters, New World: America's Raid on Europe's Great Pictures - Cynthia Saltzman

11. The Flanders Panel - Arturo Perez-Reverte

12. The Painter of Battles - Arturo Perez-Reverte

13. Cezanne's Quarry - Barbara Pope

14. Leonardo's Swans - Karen Essex (Finished July 12, 2009)

15. Stealing Athena - Karen Essex

16. Painter from Shanghai - Jennifer Epstein

17. The Forgery of Venus - Michael Gruber

18. The Passion of Artemisia - Susan Vreeland

19. The Girl in Hyacinth Blue - Susan Vreeland

20. The Sidewalk Artist - Gina Buonaguro

21. Portrait of an Unknown Woman - Vanora Bennett

22. Lydia Cassatt Reading the Morning Paper - Harriet Scott Chessman

23. The Illuminator - Brenda Rickman Vantrease

24. A Rare and Curious Gift - Pauline Holdstock

4 comments:

  1. I've never heard of the Ross King book. I'll have to check it out! I've got the other two on my "potentials" list for this Challenge also. Great choices!

    Lezlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to resist this challenge, and seeing so many people joining and coming up with great lists for it is not helping :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, this is a challenge I want to consider. Thanks for the head's up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a wonderful list of books! There are so many on there I'd love to read... I'm looking forward to your reviews.

    ReplyDelete