Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Correlation

This Christmas I received a pretty nice bonus from my work that I wasn't expecting AND have done pretty well in school...another all A semester :) So my husband said I should treat myself to something. So I got a pair of cool boots I've been wanting...yay!! And I got an espresso machine. The machine (pictured above) takes pods (when I really can't be bothered) and grinds (when I want to tinker for a good shot). While in high school and undergrad I worked at various places as a barista and love love love coffee. So this is a super great treat for me.

Not that I don't love drip coffee but it seems like these days I don't have the luxery of waiting for a pot of coffee to drip drip and then drink a cup. So when I do take a to-go-cup it's sometimes annoying carrying purse, lunch, coffee, umbrella all while swiping my MetroCard AND balancing it on my lap on the subway.

I used to be in awe of people in Europe going to those little cafes, ordering a shot of espresso, shooting it down, and then off to work. Now I understand :)

Speaking of not enough time and caffeine....I read this today on Ideal Bite:

"Before the invention of the light bulb, people slept an average of 10 hours per night - today, the average is 7."

Ok...so now I know why I (and most of this country) am so caffeine addicted.

1 comment:

  1. I need more sleep! Congrats on the bonus and the great grades :)

    ReplyDelete