Monday, January 24, 2011

Oddity

A short while back I was talking to my brother on the phone.  I don't get to see my brother or sister too often since they both live in Alaska.  But once in a blue moon I can catch my brother on the phone.  My brother works too jobs: at a beer distribution company and part-time for a bookstore (the same one I work at).  My brother enjoys reading just as much as I do so the bookstore job is more of a fun job for him.  Anyway, he told me that he had heard that one of his beer distribution co-workers was making fun of him (and not in a fun kind of way) behind his back for, and get this, "hanging out at bookstores."  Hmmm.  Really? 

So I want to ask you all, have you ever been made fun of, lighthearted or not, for reading or liking books?  My husband teases me but only because I have three bookshelves of unread books. 

All I could think of was that this guy was probably never read to as a child.  Which reminded me of this photo:


This is my brother reading to me.  Obviously we think books and bookstores are cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment